Float Plates – Pint X Compatible
Single Float Plate:
- Includes: a single Float Plate which is compatible for the front and/or back bumper and instructions for installation
Set of Float Plates:
- Includes: two Float Plates and instructions for installation
What are Float Plates?
- Protect your investment. The stock plastic battery and controller compartments are weak and prone to breakage. Float Plates are engineered for over 3,000 PSI of impact!
- Expand your bag of tricks. No need to wax that curb, as the Float Plates are self-lubricating. Slides, stalls, and drops all damn day!
- These float plates have sizes to fit the Pint X model.
- Reduces friction on nosedives. Also great for nose and tail slides. Let's see what you can do!
Are Onewheel float plates necessary?
Want to Learn More About Onewheel Accessories?
Check out the Float Life's Onewheel Accessories guide!
The front plate fell off and the adhesive no longer sticks so I just have a front plate that I can't use, and yeah I cleaned the bumper well with isopropyl alcohol. The amount of clearance you lose with the plates is so noticeable I don't really like the back one at all. Thinking about taking it off after 1 ride.
Wish they made Pint X bang bumpers >.< those things would be 5 out of 5 stars every time.
I wish someone would make a proper rear bumper for the Pint X that covers the entire battery enclosure. Float plates partially solve that problem but they will eventually just fall off because they are held on with double stick tape.
Float Plates Pint X Compatible
Followed instructions to a tee. Prior to doing this I knew they wouldn't stay on. Especially without screws. The curbs we nudge and stuff we do, It lasted 1 ride before the front came off. I emailed TFL
Used Alcohol to clean my Pint X. Applied the float plates. Put a couple textbooks on each side to help apply pressure. Waited 24 hours without use. Went out for my first ride and on my first curb the front float plate fell off.
Edit: Trying the second set of adhesive. Will be waiting over 48hrs.