Float Plates – Pint X Compatible
Single Float Plate:
- Includes: a single Float Plate which is compatible for the front and/or back bumper and instructions for installation
Set of Float Plates:
- Includes: two Float Plates and instructions for installation
What are Float Plates?
- Protect your investment. The stock plastic battery and controller compartments are weak and prone to breakage. Float Plates are engineered for over 3,000 PSI of impact!
- Expand your bag of tricks. No need to wax that curb, as the Float Plates are self-lubricating. Slides, stalls, and drops all damn day!
- These float plates have sizes to fit the Pint X model.
- Reduces friction on nosedives. Also great for nose and tail slides. Let's see what you can do!
Are Onewheel float plates necessary?
Want to Learn More About Onewheel Accessories?
Check out the Float Life's Onewheel Accessories guide!
These float plates ROCK! I know some folks have had issues with then staying on. I can tell you this - If you clean the board surfaces with alcohol and follow the instructions by letting them set up THEY WILL STICK, and stick very well.
I hadn't gotten a feel for that extra thickness on the front side and well, she got snagged and snagged solid, while ripping through the grass. Totally my fault. The board locked up solid and I proved Newton correct. Objects in motion WILL remain in Motion. I went for a short flight only to be stopped by the ground. It's all good, roll out of it and float on!
After digging the large clump of grass from between the float plate and the board I also realized - the float plates are on for good. It didn't loosen one bit.
Very happy with my purchase - thanks for protecting my board!
The front plate fell off and the adhesive no longer sticks so I just have a front plate that I can't use, and yeah I cleaned the bumper well with isopropyl alcohol. The amount of clearance you lose with the plates is so noticeable I don't really like the back one at all. Thinking about taking it off after 1 ride.
Wish they made Pint X bang bumpers >.< those things would be 5 out of 5 stars every time.
I wish someone would make a proper rear bumper for the Pint X that covers the entire battery enclosure. Float plates partially solve that problem but they will eventually just fall off because they are held on with double stick tape.
Float Plates Pint X Compatible
Followed instructions to a tee. Prior to doing this I knew they wouldn't stay on. Especially without screws. The curbs we nudge and stuff we do, It lasted 1 ride before the front came off. I emailed TFL